STRS Ohio staff manages approximately 70% of the system’s investments; the remaining 30% is invested by outside managers. Historically, about 75% of STRS Ohio’s income has come from earnings on investments. The system has more than $1.1 billion invested in companies with headquarters in Ohio.

Investment Distribution by Fair Value

Investment distribution by fair value — as of June 30, 2020.

Graphic pie chart of investment distribution by fair value.
Total Investment Asset Growth Over 30 Years (in billions)

Total investment assets (in billions) starting from 1990 with about $17.8 billion in assets to today with about $79.8 billion (including short-term investments) in assets in 2020.