Member Account Overview
Combined Plan members receive two types of statements about their accounts. They receive a Quarterly Account Statement for the defined contribution portion of their account and an Annual Statement of Account once a year for the defined benefit portion of their account. Select a topic below for more information.
Annual Statement of Account
Each September, STRS Ohio posts your Annual Statement of Account to your Online Personal Account. The statement is an itemized history of earnings, deposits and retirement credit for each school year. It reflects your total account balance and earned service credit in STRS Ohio as of the preceding June 30.
The statement also includes:
- Projection of monthly service retirement benefits;
- Estimate of disability and survivor benefits; and
- Account withdrawal estimate.
The statement does not include:
- Credit in other Ohio retirement systems, if applicable.
Combined Plan participants receive statements of their defined contribution account on a quarterly basis. The statements contain valuable information such as:
- Current allocation of deposits
- Account balance as of end of quarter
- Vested balance as of end of quarter
- Account activity during the quarter — payroll deposits
- Gains and losses during the quarter
Current Contribution Rates
Contribution rates for the Combined Plan are established by the State Teachers Retirement Board and are subject to change. The current contribution rates are:
- Members contribute 14% of their annual salary, 12% goes into a defined contribution account where the investment risk is assumed by you. However, 2% of your current contribution and employer contributions fund a defined benefit portion of the plan — invested by STRS Ohio investment professionals — to pay for service retirement, disability or survivor benefits and access to retiree health care coverage.* Contribution rates and eligibility for health care are established by the State Teachers Retirement Board and are subject to change.
- Employers contribute 14% of the member’s annual salary to their defined benefit account.
*Coverage under the STRS Ohio Health Care Program is not guaranteed. STRS Ohio hopes to continue the program, but reserves the right to change or discontinue all or part of the program for all or a class of eligible benefit recipients and dependents at any time.
Contact the STRS Ohio Member Services Center toll-free at 888‑227‑7877 if you have questions about the contribution rates.