It is advisable to schedule an individual counseling session at least three years before you plan to retire and again six to 12 months from retirement. Currently, these sessions are available through a teleconference or videoconference. During this appointment, an STRS Ohio benefits counselor will review:
- Personal account information
- A retirement estimate
- STRS Ohio retirement benefits
- Retirement application processes and deadlines
- Health care coverage information (for Defined Benefit Plan and Combined Plan participants)
Available Appointment Times
- Monday–Thursday, between 7:45 a.m. and 7 p.m. (during the school year);
- Monday–Thursday, between 7:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. (during July and August); and
- Friday, between 7:45 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Scheduling Your Appointment
There are two ways to schedule your appointment:
- Log in to your Online Personal Account and click on “Schedule a Meeting” at the top of the page” or
- Call STRS Ohio toll-free at 888‑227‑7877.
If you have already scheduled a teleconference or videoconference click here.