It is advisable to schedule an individual counseling session at least three years before you plan to retire and again six to 12 months from retirement. Currently, these sessions are available to members by phone. During this appointment, an STRS Ohio benefits counselor will review:
- Personal account information
- A retirement estimate
- STRS Ohio retirement benefits
- Retirement application processes and deadlines
- Health care coverage information (for Defined Benefit Plan and Combined Plan participants)
Available Appointment Times
- Monday–Thursday, between 7:45 a.m. and 7 p.m. (during the school year);
- Monday–Thursday, between 7:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. (during July and August); and
- Friday, between 7:45 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Scheduling Your Appointment
There are two ways to schedule your appointment:
- Log in to your Online Personal Account and click on “Schedule a Meeting” at the top of the page” or
- Call STRS Ohio toll-free at 888‑227‑7877.
If you have already scheduled a teleconference click here.