As you get further into your career, chances are you’re starting to think “beyond the classroom” and specifically about your retirement options and how to finance your retirement. During this two-hour workshop for midcareer educators, we provide information about:
- Your STRS Ohio pension (eligibility requirements, how to calculate and plan of payment options).
- Reconciling your anticipated retirement expenses and your pension income.
- Retirement health care considerations.
Attendees will receive a workbook that includes worksheets to assist with determining: estimated expenditures; the value of current savings in retirement; and the amount of savings still needed to reach retirement financial goals.
This group seminar is offered at the Ohio locations indicated below and advance registration is required. To register:
- Click on “Register” below the seminar location address to access registration via your Online Personal Account.
- After entering your online account select “Schedule a Meeting” in the top menu.
Advance registration begins up to three months before the meeting. (If a “Register” button is not visible, registration has not begun.)
Registration can also be completed by calling STRS Ohio toll-free at 888‑227‑7877.
This program can also be sponsored by employers or teacher associations. Your in-service coordinator can schedule this program by contacting STRS Ohio’s Member Education Department at 614-227-4082 or [email protected].
May 5, 2020 5–7 p.m. DoubleTree by Hilton 3150 W. Market St. Akron, OH 44333Register