Now is the perfect time to start putting your financial pieces together. The Active Member Series features key elements that can better position you for a financially secure retirement. Meeting topics are presented by guest speakers and/or STRS Ohio’s Member Education staff.
Active Member Series webinars focus on a variety of topics, including budgeting and debt-slashing strategies, Social Security, supplemental savings, estate planning and health care in retirement. Watch the STRS Ohio website and your email inbox for future dates and information on these series topics!
Social Security and STRS Ohio: What You Need to Know
- , 5 p.m.
Learn how your STRS Ohio pension may affect your eligibility for full Social Security benefits. Join us for this Active Member Series webinar where a Social Security Administration representative will discuss:
- How Social Security benefits are calculated
- How the “windfall” and “offset” provisions affect Social Security benefits
- Benefits available for eligible dependents and survivors.
After you have successfully registered, you will be sent a confirmation email that will include instructions on how to join the webinar. This webinar may be viewed on a PC or Macintosh computer as well as mobile devices (e.g., an iPad/iPhone). See the System Requirements section below for more information and requirements.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or later
- macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
Supported Tablet and Mobile Devices
- Surface PRO 2 or higher and running Win 8.1 or higher
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
- Google Chrome (version 30 or later)
- Microsoft Edge (version 12 or later)
- Mozilla Firefox (version 27 or later)
- Apple Safari (version 7 or later)
- Internet Explorer (version 11 or later)