New to STRS Ohio reporting? Need a refresher on the system’s processes and procedures? Plan to attend Higher Education Essentials — STRS Ohio's annual college and university employer workshop. Workshop topics include membership, compensation, payroll reporting, ARP election and reporting, service credit calculation, retirement reporting, annual reporting, account withdrawals and purchasing leaves of absence.
- Register online via ESS or by phone (888‑535‑4050).
- Registration begins and the registration deadline is .
- Cost is a nonrefundable fee of $30 (workbook, continental breakfast and lunch); an invoice will be mailed for payment upon successful registration. Please return a copy of the invoice with your payment.
- A confirmation email will be sent to participants immediately upon successful registration.
- Possible 5.75 contact hours.
STRS Ohio 275 E. Broad St. Columbus, OH 43215 888‑535‑4050Register
Registrations are completed using ESS. To register:
- Log in to ESS using your user name and password.
- In the Additional Tools menu on the home page, select “Training Registration.”
- Under “Upcoming Events,” enter the stop and start dates for the time period you are looking for and click “Search.”
- A list of programs will appear. Click “Select” next to the program date you'd like to attend.
- Click on the gray “A” box, then click “Next.” (If program capacity is full, a blue “WL” box will appear. Click on it to be added to the waitlist.)
- A list of employer contacts on file with STRS Ohio will appear. Click “Actions” next to the person's name and select “Register.” The status will change to “Confirmed” or “Waitlist” depending on space available. Repeat to register additional attendees.
- When finished registering attendees, click “Confirm.”
A confirmation email will be sent to participants immediately upon successful registration.
If you have any questions, please call the Employer Reporting Education team toll-free at 888‑535‑4050.