After you make the decision to retire, complete your Service Retirement Application securely using your Online Personal Account. Last year more than 80% of retiring members submitted their application online.
Benefits and features of the online application are as follows:
- The application can be completed at your pace — 90 days to change and submit your application after you begin.
- Step-by-step instructions are included to help you complete the application.
- Receive your first partial benefit payment on your retirement date if you submit your application at least 30 days before your retirement date.
- View and print your selections and make changes before submitting your application.
- Receive a confirmation email when your application has been submitted and again when processing begins
- Check the status of your application using your online account — after the processing of your application has begun.
We recommend submitting your application at least three months before your retirement date. If you are a Combined Plan participant, there are separate online applications that must be completed for the defined benefit and defined contribution portions of your Combined Plan account.
To get started, just log in and click on “Apply for Service Retirement” in the Member Information section.
Click here to log in or register for an account.