COVID-19 update: If you think you may have symptoms of COVID-19, call your doctor right away or call the Medical Mutual Nurse Line toll-free at 888-912-0636. A registered nurse will answer your questions and help guide your care.
As a Medical Mutual enrollee without Medicare, you have access to a 24-hour Nurse Line as part of your coverage. This service may be especially helpful during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Have you ever needed a quick answer to a health question or had a health concern and weren’t sure what to do? Now there’s a place to turn, 24 hours a day, where you can speak with a specially trained nurse who will:
- Advise you personally, no matter how big or small the concern.
- Assess your symptoms using nationally accredited guidelines.
- Talk you through self-care for treating minor medical conditions at home.
- Help determine if you need to visit a doctor or go to the emergency room.
- Advise you when to call a doctor and how to effectively communicate with him or her.
- Provide easy-to-understand explanations about medical tests and results.
- Stay on the line until everything is under control.
Call the Medical Mutual Nurse Line toll-free at 888-912-0636 (TTY 711 for hearing impaired). Qualified nurses are available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to offer support and information that can help you make more informed health decisions. When you call, the nurse will ask you questions about your health such as medications you might be taking, allergies, levels of pain and more. He or she will evaluate your symptoms, provide an assessment and help you take the most appropriate action.
Keep in mind, if you are having a medical emergency, it’s best to call your doctor or 911. The Medical Mutual Nurse Line is meant to provide helpful information so you are confident in the health care decisions you make.
More news and information for STRS Ohio Health Care Program participants is available in the Health Care News section of the STRS Ohio website. Enrollees are encouraged to check it regularly.