Your 2022 Annual Statement as of June 30, 2022, is now available in your Online Personal Account if you do not receive a paper statement and receive your annual statement electronically. If you receive a paper statement, it will be available to view online in late September. This document is an important resource for your retirement planning. Knowing your eligibility for benefits and the amount you’re projected to receive can help you better prepare for your financial future.
We have simplified this document so that you can easily access all of the important details pertaining to your STRS Ohio account. To access it, log in to your account, select “My Documents” (under Useful Links) and then “Annual Statement.” The benefit projections included in the Annual Statement and online benefit calculators have been updated to reflect the change in retirement eligibility requirements for the Defined Benefit Plan to eliminate the age 60 requirement (that was previously set to take effect in 2026).
Annual Statements for Defined Benefit Plan and Combined Plan participants include details about:
- Service credit, earnings and contributions, and account value information;
- Retirement date and age eligibility and projected benefit amount;
- Survivor and disability benefit estimates; and
- Service credit eligible for purchase.
Annual Statements for reemployed retirees include details about:
- Contributions and reemployed retiree benefits;
- Items of note regarding the account;
- Beneficiary information; and
- Benefit eligibility, payment and required minimum distribution information.
To view a sample Annual Statement for reemployed retirees, click here.
Defined Contribution Plan participants do not receive the Annual Statement, but do receive quarterly account statements with details pertaining to their defined contribution account. Combined Plan participants also receive these quarterly account statements.
In addition to the Annual Statement, STRS Ohio offers the following retirement-planning tools and resources:
- Benefit Estimate Calculator: Defined Benefit and Combined Plan annual statements include projected benefit amount information based on selection of a Single Life Annuity plan of payment. You can generate additional benefit estimates based on other plan of payment options and retirement dates using the calculator in your Online Personal Account, which populates with your account information
- Benefits Counseling: It is advisable to schedule a benefits counseling session at least three years before you plan to retire and again six to 12 months from retirement. These sessions are available by videoconference, teleconference or in person.
- Service Retirement and Plans of Payment brochure: This publication offers an overview of retirement eligibility criteria, how benefits are calculated and plans of payment options. Access the brochure specific to your STRS Ohio retirement plan here.