ESS Training (In Person)
Do you need help completing reports in our Employer Self Service (ESS) online reporting system? Would you like to feel more comfortable using ESS? Attend hands-on training to learn about navigating the ESS system, completing online reports and using additional online tools and resources. In-depth instructions will be provided while you use a computer to actively complete online practice exercises. There is no cost to attend.
All sessions will be held at STRS Ohio (275 E. Broad St., Columbus, OH 43215) from 9 a.m.–noon. Employers who use ESS to submit payroll and annual reporting information should plan to stay until 1 p.m. for additional instruction.
Upcoming Training Sessions
Registration begins and the registration deadline is .
If you have questions about ESS training, please call the Employer Reporting Education team toll-free at 888‑535‑4050 or email [email protected].
Registrations are completed using ESS. To register:
- Log in to ESS using your user name and password.
- In the Additional Tools menu on the home page, select “Training Registration.”
- Under “Upcoming Events,” enter the stop and start dates for the time period you are looking for and click “Search.”
- A list of programs will appear. Click “Select” next to the program date you'd like to attend.
- Click on the gray “A” box, then click “Next.” (If program capacity is full, a blue “WL” box will appear. Click on it to be added to the waitlist.)
- A list of employer contacts on file with STRS Ohio will appear. Click “Actions” next to the person's name and select “Register.” The status will change to “Confirmed” or “Waitlist” depending on space available. Repeat to register additional attendees.
- When finished registering attendees, click “Confirm.”
Participants will receive a confirmation email after registering successfully.
If you have any questions, please call the Employer Reporting Education team toll-free at 888‑535‑4050.