Employer Self Service (ESS) on the Employer Website allows employers to access information about their STRS Ohio account and submit information electronically to STRS Ohio. The current applications available in the secure area of the site are:
- New Hire and Reemployed Retiree Notifications
- Employer Reports (online payroll reporting data, remittance for purchase service credit, backposting adjustments, annual report member data and completion of service credit and accrued verifications)
- Benefit Reporting (online completion of deposit and service reports for new retirees and withdrawal certifications)
- Direct Debit (online payments)
To add or modify your school’s contacts, or register an individual for access, please have your treasurer or main contact log in to ESS. On the home page, click on “Request Access” in the Additional Tools menu and select one of the following:
- Add new contact and register for access, or
- Add or modify access for existing contact.
Then complete the required information and submit it to STRS Ohio.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the Employer Reporting Department toll-free at 888‑535‑4050.