As you get further into your career, chances are you’re starting to think “beyond the classroom” and specifically about your retirement options and how to finance your retirement. During this two-hour workshop for midcareer educators, we provide information about:
- Your STRS Ohio pension (eligibility requirements, how to calculate and plan of payment options).
- Reconciling your anticipated retirement expenses and your pension income.
- Retirement health care considerations.
Attendees will receive a workbook that includes worksheets to assist with determining: estimated expenditures; the value of current savings in retirement; and the amount of savings still needed to reach retirement financial goals.
This group seminar is offered at the Ohio locations indicated below and advance registration is required. To register:
- Click on “Register” below the seminar location address to access registration via your Online Personal Account.
- After entering your online account select “Schedule a Meeting” in the top menu.
Advance registration begins up to three months before the meeting. (If a “Register” button is not visible, registration has not begun.)
Registration can also be completed by calling STRS Ohio toll-free at 888‑227‑7877.
This program can also be sponsored by employers or teacher associations. Your in-service coordinator can schedule this program by contacting STRS Ohio’s Member Education Department at 614-227-4082 or [email protected].
Sept. 19, 2023 5–7 p.m. Embassy Suites by Hilton 4554 Lake Forest Drive Blue Ash, OH 45242Register
Oct. 24, 2023 5–7 p.m. DoubleTree by Hilton 1100 Crocker Road Westlake, OH 44145Register
Nov. 28, 2023 5–7 p.m. Best Western Plus 15471 Royalton Road Strongsville, OH 44136Register
Dec. 5, 2023 5–7 p.m. STRS Ohio 275 E. Broad St. Columbus, OH 43215Register