Taking care of your health is more than just visiting the doctor when you’re sick. This is why Aetna Medicare Plan enrollees are encouraged to participate in Aetna’s in-home evaluation program. This free, convenient service allows you to meet with a licensed health care professional in the privacy of your home to talk about your individual needs.
While the evaluation does not take the place of regular doctor visits, it does provide an opportunity to get answers to health questions that matter most to you. It also gives you a chance to talk about concerns you may not consider or have time to discuss at your doctor’s office.
As an Aetna Medicare Plan enrollee, here’s what you can expect:
- A letter in the mail inviting you to participate in the in-home evaluation program.
- A follow-up call on behalf of Aetna to schedule your in-home evaluation with a health care professional.
- The visit, which is scheduled at your convenience, will last about one hour. You may have a family member or caregiver present if you choose.
During the in-home evaluation:
- You will be able to talk one-on-one with a licensed health care professional and ask any questions you might have about your medical conditions or daily living activities.
- Your visiting in-home health care professional may suggest a personalized list of topics for you to discuss with your primary care physician.
- You may be referred to other programs available through Aetna to help manage your health.
If you have any questions or you would like to schedule your appointment, please call toll-free 877‑503‑5802. Hours are Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.